Sunday, January 18, 2009

Black Jesus

The King took some time of to give thanks today and attended a Catholic Church in Latin America. Although I am not very fluid in the language, I do believe I heard prayer for President Obama. After the normal service, I was really blown away as I joined in the after service procession behind a chocolate black Jesus in a glass case. As we marched through the town, evryone seemed to join in with tamborines, trumpets, saxophones and drums.
When we returned to the church, I made sure to pay closer attention to the alter and lo and behold, behind the alter was another chocolate black Jesus on the cross. This may seem minor, but I was the darkest person in the church so to see another culture accepting of a black Jesus is a bit shocking but pleasing. GOD BLESS US ALL.
KING GEORGE

No comments: